Serves: 2 or more Time: 25 minutes Difficulty: Easy
One of my favorite brunch dishes made by my mother in-law was her delicious tasty asparagus frittata. She loved to cook for the whole family, and we all looked forward to enjoying whatever she made when she cooked up a storm! Her tasty asparagus frittata is a perfect way to start the day, or it can also be enjoyed as a meal too. We had to tweak her recipe just a little bit, as she used to cook with olive oil and we do not heat olive oil in our home. We hope you enjoy this yummy recipe.
Tasty Asparagus Frittata Ingredients:
1 Tablespoons of organic extra virgin coconut oil
1 Pound of fresh thin asparagus
4 Large free-range eggs
1/4 Cup Pecorino Romano cheese (or Parmesan)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Optional: Cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, or any vegetable of your choice.
1) Wash and snap the ends off the asparagus and cut into 1-inch lengths
2) Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them until they are lightly fluffy. Add the
cheese and pepper. Mix until combined.
3) Heat coconut oil over medium-low heat in an oven safe frying pan. Add the asparagus, cover the pan and cook until the asparagus is tender.
4) Reduce heat slightly and add the remaining coconut oil to the pan
5) Add eggs mixture to the pan and spread the asparagus out evenly, so the pieces are flat and evenly distributed across the pan.
6) Cook for approximately 6 minutes until the edges are starting to cook but the inside is still runny. (While cooking, pre-heat oven)
7) Place the frittata in the oven to finish cooking the top, make sure to keep a close eye on your frittata it so it doesn’t over cook. You want the frittata to be set but not to get too brown.
8) Make sure to use oven mitts when you remove pan from the oven. Slide the frittata onto a serving plate.
9) Cut into wedges. Serve warm or room temperature.
If you’re new to Life Inspired by Nature, sign up for our newsletter to receive cultural tidbits, tasty dishes, and helpful cooking tips weekly. Thanks for visiting!